About Geoff Kaine Research
Know what farmers are thinking, why they think it, and what they will do.
Economic, market and social research for agriculture and natural resource management in Australia and New Zealand
- Market size and market segments for agricultural technologies and management practices
- Adoption of agricultural innovations and practice change
- Compliance behaviour of farmers
- Flexibility and adaptability of farm systems
- Strategies for engaging with farmers
- Design of policy instruments for agriculture and natural resource policy
About Dr. Geoff Kaine
Geoff has a PhD on the adoption of agricultural innovations from the University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales. He has thirty years research experience in agriculture in Australia and New Zealand. Geoff has published more than 50 journal articles and conference proceedings, presented at more than 30 conferences and written over 100 research monographs and reports to industry.
His experience includes projects across a range of agricultural industries covering irrigation, animal health, animal breeding, pest and disease management, soil management and nutrient emissions. He has served as an advisor to the Queensland, New South Wales and New Zealand governments on the design and implementation of agricultural and natural resource policy.
Geoff was the manager and leader of the social research team in Farm Services Victoria, DPI before leaving to establish Geoff Kaine Research in 2012. He is now a Senior Economics Researcher at New Zealand's Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research in Hamilton.